Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
You're going to need some modifications since they use different connections but it may be possible to do easily. But to know that you would have to know the length. The good thing is it should have more than enough clearance room from the frame.

Do you know the length of the tank. Do you have it or are just thinking about buying it?

Where are you located?

And what is your motive? Size, look?

·
Registered
724 Posts
i did the exact opposite and there were some challenges. my cx tank was too short for my gl frame. so expect the reverse. the gl tank uses inverted c's that rest on rubber bumpers at the top to anchor the tank, the cx uses 1" holes. what you could do is thread in some bolts into the cx frame holes and then attach rubber bumpers around the bolts to anchor the front. the back will be a challenge because the mounting hole in the back bone is about 2" further up the back bone. also your seat will sit on top of the tank in its stock location...

sorry if i just crapped on your parade but i've been to where you are going so i know how bumpy the road is... good luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
gl tank will be hit when you steer... I set one on a deluxe/standard frame to see...

you could do some mods and shorten the seat up front, but the forward mount for the tank on the frame would have to be set back to make it work...

the neck to forks offset on the triple tree is a bit further apart on the gl's too, so you could gain some room there... but then you'd have some instrument mounting changes too...

Lots of little things to consider swapping cx and gl items....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.