Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

$100 for neglected bike, last licensed 20 years ago. Complete tear down, every bolt/bushing/ etc. was seized. Hayabusa shock, ducati fan, CX tank, VTX lights, powder-coat after complete dismantle, and she runs great. Carbs were done by Larry.....Thanks Larry, top notch work!!

Timing chain was eating the case, new stator, clutch, etc. etc...you get the idea.

I did the paint myself, dark green metallic. Fork spacers make the ride nice, and tried a fork brace, solid front end. Dyna mufflers with the re-jet too.

Seems to turn heads now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I powdercoated the rims, the same metallic gray as the valve covers....the frame was powder gloss black. The paint I used on everything else is a Canadian paint, and very good. It's Endura, and it's all we use for painting aircraft and helicopters. It'll stand up to UV, solvents, MEK, and anything else you want to throw at it. Not sure if it's available in the US though.

Update, love riding this bike, and love the smooth tone of the Dyna mufflers, coupled up to the H box. The only thing that bugs me is the front pad squeak. I'm waiting for the 100 mile mark or so when they finally get run in.

This was one hell of a project, and thanks to everyone here, including Shep, Larry, and some of the other top notch builders that love these bikes.......you guys were a great help with all your posts!

I'll get a better pic soon. It turns a lot of heads, and I don't want my girlfriend riding it now, as she'll be swarmed by a bunch of guys looking at it.lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
what pods are those? any trouble getting them to fit? what are fork spacers? what busa shock you use, and any mods needed? sorry for all the questions, im just hoping that someday that my bike will look like yours

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EMGO, they fit fine, Someone here installed the EMGO offset pods, and they seemed to fit too. I think he wanted a bit of room to install a fitting for a crank breather.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
more...I forgot to add:  I added the 12V charge indicator LED (changes colors as voltage inc/dec.-----great way to make sure the batt is ok.  I added mine right below the fuse panel.  Great investment for anyone looking at one of them!)

Update--100 miles after complete rebuild.....not a hiccup...except the front pads squeaking away, running themselves in.

Love these bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.