Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to change the levers on my bike as the original ones are slightly bent, and are slightly too long for the bars now that ive put clip ons on it.

I cant seem to find any after market ones specifically for the GL500, so i'm wondering if anything else will fit on, so I can look for aftermarket versions of those.

The clutch lever looks to be pretty similar to a few other hondas, but i'm not sure about the brake lever. I've tried scouring the pictures of some of the ones on ebay, but its a bit hard to tell what will fit!

Can anybody recommend anything that might fit?

Just to clarify, I dont want to change the master cylinder or clutch perch, just the lever part.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I put in the make and model in that site it comes up with no products

searching on parts no's it seems the clutch lever is the same as a cb750k and the brake lever the same as cb1100r, but cant seem to find any decent levers for any of them

·
Registered
24,174 Posts
just call tech support for motion pro lots of them cross over but if you expect to find a list of them by model you wont you will only find the originals

you have to do some research to find what you want no magic pill

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Oh man! I was hoping that you would be dispensing some magic meds today :p

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not expecting to find a list of them by model number, just trying to broaden my search, rather than just scouring the web for gl500 levers, I can now search for cb750k or cb1100r levers. I might be better off getting a second hand clutch perch and mc off something a bit more recent, as there seems to be plenty of aftermarket stuff available for newer bikes, but that would be a shame because my MC appears brand new.

Keep me updated on that magic pill ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've done that already there are a lot that appear to be the same but without them in my hand its hard to tell if they are exactly the same, if you get what I mean.

Its not a big deal if nobody has the info, just thought I'd check before digging a little deeper

·
Registered
554 Posts
To use different levers, I think the only way is to swap your controls. i am running a mix of cbr600rr, cbr1000rr, VF750C, and ST1100 and yahama R6 parts on my bike. Clutch lever is from a cbr600rr since it has a standalone perch, and my brake lever is from a 02 VF750C (i think its a shadow). Its the lever that matched my ebay master cylinder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts