Honda CX 500 Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,070 Posts
The only difference between the standard and the Deluxe that would affect the handling much is that the standard has a taller, narrower rear wheel & tire.
The Standard also has slightly less rake. Something like a degree or two.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,305 Posts
Ya true, but sometimes easier said than done. There are tracks all over the city, including tracks no longer used since the 70’s when the bus companies lobbied to remove trollies and sell buses to the city, which means those tracks are even more run down.

Also a good portion of the streets downtown are one-way streets, so sometimes a bit more cumbersome to take a different road.
I won't say that kind of stuff was a large part of why we wanted to move out of the city (over 30 years ago now) but it contributed. A lot of us moved out around then but not nearly as many as are moving to smaller places these days. It seems that most of them learned that working from home is possible during the pandemic and figured out that if they work from home they really don't have any reason to live near their employers anymore. And if you don't have to live in the city why put up with dirty air, traffic, high crime rates and all the other crap like that?
Combine that with much lower prices for much more "home" outside the city and our area (about 1.5 hours northeast of Toronto) has been setting records for units sold and for average price for about a year now.

I guess what I'm saying is why don't you move to somewhere that doesn't have rails in the roadways?

41 - 42 of 42 Posts