Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Could someone please tell me how to remove the Tacho on my GL400, I removed the top 2 bolts which then allowed me to pull the cluster/headlamp/Indicator housing away from the bike, but how do you gain access to the speedo and tacho? as i need to oil them to stop them screeching like a nutter on steroids.

Thanks in advance

MrB

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...but i have a problem.....I cant find my manual....if i had it to hand i dont think ide need to ask lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi BS,

Its like a mini fairing, all the cables go up inside it near the bottom, a metal bar runs along the center (at the back behind the headlight) from indicator to indicator....does this have to be removed? or do they just pop out somehow?

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well by the looks of those pic's they are not the most accessable bits to get at...lol....oh well looks like my Saturday is taken....trying to work out how it all comes apart

Thanks for the links BS, will have to print them off at work tomorrow....they will help...i hope

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive done it, dont know why i was getting all flustered, took the headlight out (via 2 screws) unscrewed the tacho cable and squirted some of this Red greasy oil stuff ( Ideal for garage doors it says lol )from a can onto my finger and pushed it into where the bearing is, reconected the cable...started her up and bingo.....no more screeching....although the true test will be when i ride home...fingers crossed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.