Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Would you be interested in buying NEW edge molding if I bought a 250' roll?

• Yes I would buy a set.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I would buy more than 1 set

• No thank you! CX's don't have a fairing!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See post #27 near the bottom of this page for order details.

Ok Guys and Gals, here it is. A while ago I needed the black edge molding for my GL650I fairing. I ended up paying $35.00 + shipping for a used pair of ebay. Don't get me wrong, they were nice. And at the time I was glad to get them. However, I have found a company that carries this type molding. Only draw back is that it's sold in a 250'roll. Each bike only needs a total of 7 feet. I am thinking of biting the bullet and paying for the whole roll just to get a new set for the pristine GL500I that I'm almost done with.

If I do this would any of you be interested in getting a set at $20.00 + shipping. I think the shipping would be about $5 but I would have to see what it will fit into first.

I am still in the thinking stage though. But if enough of you are interested I'll get the roll and let you know when it's ready to go out.

Oh yes, I have a sample coming to me so I can verify that it will fit and look right first. I'll post a picture of it when I get it.

Since I can't tell by the poll who would be interested, please put a short reply in here if you are so I can find you when and if the time comes.

Thanks for the input.

Larry

·
Registered
835 Posts
Can you post a picture (or link) to what you intend on buying? If it's suitable for the Vetter faring, you could probably double your order. The vetter replacement edges aren't cheap - that's for sure!

Picture of vetter kit $62

to order the Vetter kit go to this page

but...it includes the 'hotcha glue' to install it.

I'd be in for two sets - if it is similar

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the votes and input so far. If the sample works out I'll order the roll asap.

Sarnia, The moldings for the Vetter look round on the top edge. These are squared off on the top. So I'm not sure it's what you will need.

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, the sample is here and it looks good. As you can see the top of it is a bit narrower, but it still fits the end caps as well as going on the fairing with a perfectly tight fit. I personally like the appearance of the texture much better than the stock material style pattern. It matches the texture of the black plastic on the inside of the fairing much better. It molds around the corners very well too.

If any of you want out on this let me know. But I think this molding looks fine. I'm going to order the roll later today.

Larry

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Larry,

Those strips look awesome!I would very interested in some of the strips for my project bikes. I hope to have a couple ready to go out the door in the spring and that would add some class to them.

Super price too ...

·
Registered
128 Posts
HI Larry,

Yes!

Count me in for at least one set for now.

Greg K

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I might want two sets to have a spare set for when I fall over again

I have been riding without the molding because the PO trashed both sides. It will be nice to finally have it. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't need it on the GL yet but I have a couple bad spots on the Windjammer Quicksilver fairing on the CX. Count me in on a set. Let me know how to pay when the time comes.

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't get in to order the roll yesterday. Lots of interruptions. It will be Monday morning now. But I will still have it in hand before the end of the week. I'm going to wait on the shipping details until I can cut off the pieces to see what it will fit into. I'm going to try to get them in some sort of flat rate envelope. But I'm not sure it will fit safely. We'll just have to wait and see.

SDJohn, you will have to let me know the exact length since yours is not an OEM fairing.

For those of you that know you want a set or two, email me with your address to

lrcxed @ hotmail.com You do know to take out the spaces next to the @ sign I hope.

If you have PayPal it would be preferred when the time comes. Otherwise let me know in the email and I'll give you my address for mailing a USPS money order.

Larry

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A couple of you guys have already emailed me. Please remember that I will need your SHIPPING address, not your email address. That I will get when you email me. But there is no hurry yet. Near the end of next week I'm figuring.

PS, put your online name in it too so I know who to check off the list I have.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm down for one set, maybe two, but I'll have to think about a second.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts