Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
Get some aftermarket clip on the forks brackets. But don't skimp because the cheaper ones are cheap in other ways too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
the gl500 wont fit a gl650,

took quite a while searching for someone parting a non interstate GL650.

rare, but still available on a blue moon.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip. they looked ok. Cb 750 (81-83) seem to have a close match to the gl, but dont know if they will fit??

But withe the clip on type, where can i fit the horn bracket? Iisnt it suposed to bolt on to the headlight bracket?

Im a bit frustrated, not beeing able to get hold of those parts. Maybe a conversion from fairing to naked bike was a bad idea.......(but the handling was much better whitout the fairing)Anyway, got the whole winter to search, the snow wount be gone untill late april....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Some like this I think would be a good idea.

http://www.sportingf...t-kz1000/Detail

That's what I'm using. They come with several black plastic shims to fit various fork tube sizes. I was a little disappointed that the shims where sized in a way that I could only make the brackets work by using one of the larger shims per bracket, instead of two of the smaller ones (which would look more finished). Overall, that's not such a big deal...

Photo showing bracket

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have one that I took off my bike when I put on my fairing. Also have the turn signals, the fork clamps for the turn signals to

mount and the headlight bucket, etc. The only thing I don't have is one of the screws that screw the turn signal into the clamp

bracket. Should be a pretty easy find on this forum.

PM me if you are interested and I'll send pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts