Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we go again, gasoline prices are/have gone up over 10% in one day here.

Reason we are being told to believe is because of unrest in the middle east.

Well here in Alberta we produce a chit load of it and we are paying now $1.10 to $1.15 a LITER.

That my fellow CC members works out to about $4.40 to $4.60 a US gallon, or about $5.00 per imperial gallon.

Our dollars are pretty much on par now US vs CDN, so what is everybody else getting ripped off for?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
We peaked at about $1.22/litre last week but now we're down to around $1.18

Yay.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Here in Vancouver Wa, it varies a lot, and being right across the river from Portland Or. the variance is quite noticeable. My normal place is at $335/G and across the river its about 12 cents less. It is not unusual to see around a 10 cent difference even a few miles apart. Seems pretty arbitrary sometimes.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Today just, 33 miles South/West of downtown Chicago, it is $3.49 That is up 34 cents in a week.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yesterday it was $3.45 a gallon here in northern MI. Didn't check it today. Easy fix: at least 50% of Americans and Canadians don't buy any gas for three days. Prices will drop. Take away the money, problem solved. Only problem is, you'll never get enough people to do it. People will just keep complaining as prices rise to over $5.00 a gallon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I want to go down on you and make u happy.

Then I want to come back up slowly and screw you real good.

Yours truly,

Gas Prices

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I did a bit of riding around today and am still kicking myself over Thursday. I needed gas in the truck and decided to go home instead. Then gas was $3.15. I ended up having to get gas on Friday and the lowest was $3.29. Most I saw today was $3.39 but I did see a $3.45.

Just looking here http://www.milwaukeegasprices.com/

I see there is a place selling for $3.51.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I just gassed up my bike after some more riding, put in 2.1 gallons, spent $7.60, last year, being on reserve for a while, $6 would fill me up, and I wasn't even on reserve yet... When I 1st got the bike on the road this season I had about 1/4 gallon in the tank, filled it for $10 something...... That's at least $3 more than last year. There is no need to charge nearly that much, all the oil owners are sleeping in beds woven out of hundred dollar bills and so are there sheets, the toilet paper's probably only 50's, and they're sucking the economy drier than the gov't already does....... OK, deep breath, don't need to raise my blood pressure.....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Running about $3.40 here in Vegas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Filled up tonight in Dallas... $3.17. Grateful to even get it.. saw several stations with bags over the pump handles... uh-oh. I may fill my 5gal plastic jug for emergencies.. I remember the shortage in the '70's in Hawaii!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Here in Vancouver Wa, it varies a lot, and being right across the river from Portland Or. the variance is quite noticeable. My normal place is at $335/G and across the river its about 12 cents less. It is not unusual to see around a 10 cent difference even a few miles apart. Seems pretty arbitrary sometimes.

It's a new marketing gimmick that started just a few months ago in my area. Speedway is a popular gas station here, instead of keeping all their prices within 1 or 2¢ of each other, they over-inflate the price at one station and really drop the price at another. One Speedway would be at $3.29 and the next one 2 to 5 miles down on the same road would be $2.98. After maybe 3 days they swap prices and the expensive station becomes the cheaper one.

The difference is typically 30¢ but I've seen it as high as 40¢ last week.

Pretty slick idea when you think about it. The expensive station gets a slight decrease in traffic while the rest of the idiots panic and swarm the cheaper stations like a grocery store the day before a blizzard.

·
Registered
802 Posts
$3.64 a gallon in Wasilla, Alaska, I think it actually went down a little bit. I only drive into town 11 miles away once but not more than twice a week now.Its sit and wait time as I am laid off probably for another month.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.