Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Has anyone encountered any issue after using one of these gasket kits one can find on ebay or amazon ?
Every time I ask sellers from where they source the content of their kit they say that they can't really tell or that many pieces comes from different brands which I understand.
What aftermarket parts included in these "gasket kits" are the more likely to fail? The main gaskets ? The o-rings ?
Do you know which brand to avoid ?
If I had an unlimited budget I would take everything OEM but I can't do that. I have to make choices

One side question : I can get a full set of oem stem valve seals for cheap (like 30$) but I will already have a full set of aftermarket ones in any kit I will eventually buy. Is it worth the investment ?

·
Super Moderator
14,767 Posts
Randakk's - CX500 & variants are the best available. Randakk does by some parts from suppliers that he knows & trusts but when he can't find what he needs at the level of quality he demands he has dies made and commissions the parts to be made from the specific rubber compounds he specifies (mostly viton these days IIRC).

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
From what has been reported on this forum, the head gasket will be the weak sister
in these ebay kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts