Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new gas filler cap replacement for my CX500TC. The original one (17620-MC7-003) is hard to find.

Do you guys know if caps of other bikes from that area (GL650 for example) fit? If so, which bikes are compatible?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The cover of the gas cap's keyhole is broken off on mine. The cap keyhole cover on my 500 turbo had a red, white and blue Honda wing like on the key. Does anyone know if the 650 T was the same?

·
Registered
314 Posts
The cover of the gas cap's keyhole is broken off on mine. The cap keyhole cover on my 500 turbo had a red, white and blue Honda wing like on the key. Does anyone know if the 650 T was the same?
The gas caps from the 500 and 650 can be used on both bikes. If I am correct the only difference is the key. Do you still have the cover? I have repaired it a few years ago by dismantling the gas cap using a home made tool ( designed by Joe Hovel) to get the lid off. When the lid is removed you have acces to the broken parts. Replacing the lid is using a soft hamer and turn it around in your hand to bend the egde back in place. It is not an easy job but with a lot of patience it can be done.
fuel cap rep (6).JPG gas cap tool  (2).JPG gas cap tool  (9).JPG View attachment fuel cap eng.bmp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts