Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beginning to reassemble my handlebars/etc in the front. what a nightmare...

i am pretty sure my horn is dead. I'd tried all the trick some of you recommended, but getting nothing

BUT - it could be a wiring issue.

1st off, there are 2 wires which go into the where the clutch grip goes. Inside there is a small pin which, when the clutch grip is not pulled, I figure should be depressed in.

Why is a horn wire going there?

I can't for the life of me get the small brass screws out of the insides of this part. I want to disassemble, and check out WTF is the problem. Everything else works inside the assembly; turns/headlight.

accoring to the manual, the GREEN and BLACK wires are for the horn. all green? or the green with red stripe?

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
The horn should be visible at the top of the front of the radiator, under the head lamp. From your avatar, there is no horn visible. In this picture you can see the round, what appears to be black faced horn under the headlamp above the Honda badge on the front fork brace.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The horn on my Custom is in the same general are but far more hidden from frontal view. I believe there's only one wire going to it and it's grounded to the frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.