Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited Westport Washington, took my GL Adventure build out on the beach. What fun! Was a bit of a handful in the deep sand but it made it though. Spent the night camping at Twin Harbors Beach State Park. Nice place, but little privacy. Duro HF904 adventure tire on the rear, Shinko 705 on the front. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dirtrack, how do the Duro and Shinko pairing run for you? I am planning to run more aggressive tires, and the Duro is about the only affordable rear that fits the 16" rim. Unfortunately you have to go off-brand for the front. I am curious what your experience has been thus far.

Thanks!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Bike looks nice!!! Does it ride well ???

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dirtrack, how do the Duro and Shinko pairing run for you? I am planning to run more aggressive tires, and the Duro is about the only affordable rear that fits the 16" rim. Unfortunately you have to go off-brand for the front. I am curious what your experience has been thus far.

Thanks!
Tires work for me. Not a lot of choice for our 16" rear. I like the Shinko on the front, does well in the rain on pavement and steers great off road. Love the bike mods BTW, works really well as a dual purpose. 50k miles on the clock with no issues.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. It rides great. Went with BelRay 20wt fork oil with 18 psi front/50psi rear when camping. Vintage bend motoX handlebars with 1.5" bar risers give me a very comfortable seating position. I've done 450+ miles a day on my GL while other bikers are cramping up and needing rest stops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts