Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -
I have a fully in-tact GL650 Interstate w/54K miles. Drive shaft.
Additional seat and rear holder framework is present and in good condition.
Needs paint work and re-covering of rear back pad.
New stator
New tires
New battery
Has 2 gear heaters w/variable controls installed
Used non-ethanol fuel exclusively since last carb sync.
Has upgraded steering bearings.
Includes pump for shocks both front and rear

What are your all's thoughts on what this bike might be worth?
I've tried to upload some pictures.
Let me know if anyone is interested.
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Here's a complete seat/backrest cover from a good source,I have bought one for a different bike and am happy with it,at only $60 it's a bargain and they will put it on for you for $65 more, read their web site for details.https://www.ebay.com/itm/honda-gl65...e-diamond/173168332735?hash=item2851a30fbf.It might need a timing chain,and guides soon,NADA is a place to look.1983 GL650I prices:
Excellent$4,015
Very Good$2,335
Good$1,330
Fair$920

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
The value of a motorcycle is somewhat dependent on where it is located, on time of year, on demand for that particular model. Worth is decided on when the seller and buyer agree on a price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where in NC are you located? I have abonus coming up soon and am looking for one I don't have to put so much work into to get roadworthy. What do the insides of the bags look like and when you said needs paintwork what doe s that mean exactly? how much rust? Assume back shock holds air without leaking down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm about 45 minutes to the west southwest of Charlotte.
There isn't much if any rust, but there are some scratches along one side and a dent in the tank where the previous owner had a spill years ago.
It could use some cosmetic TLC but mechanically it is great shape.
I used to ride it 100 miles per to work (round trip). Gets hot to do that down here in the summer though. And the drivers near Charlotte can be maniacs/idiots. That from someone that grew up near Chicago too.....
If only they made motorcycles w/AC.......
Matt

·
Registered
784 Posts
Google "motorcycle air conditioner" and you will find what you need - I think it's about 2K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts