Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, after riding in the rain a couple days ago on both my cx and one of my dad's full fairing bikes, i found myself wanting a fairing. i found many vintage options but i dont think they would be wide enough. has anyone put a full race fairing on a cx/gl ? i'm thinking a cbr fairing might be wide enough. i dont mind fabbing up some mounting hardware or getting a new headlight, or drilling into my crash bars as this would be a permanant fairing mount. up here a fairing is almost necessary to ride early and late seasons. just wondering how feasable it is.

·
Registered
775 Posts
c'mon its monday sureley someone is bored at work

It could just be that nobody has done it yet and we're waiting on your solution with pictures!!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Hello

I have one like this:

Pichler-fairing

Pichler = German producer.

Very good against rain and cold knees. But the hands get cold

Come here pick up the fairing and the bike and drive it at home.

And I had this one from ES. Dutch producer.

GruesseWolFgang

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,004 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it seems pichler has reshaped and renamed its fairings and they are only for bmw models, but they seem to make one universal i think called uni-4 how did you get one on a cx?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My hi-miler (Avatar bike) had a red Pichler TSX when I bought it - 11 years ago. The fairing was worn and torn (cracked), so not much to keep. Nobody wanted it so I just threw it away.

My first CX 500 had a Pichler UNI-4. Gave good weather protection but looked awful.

http://users.metro2000.net/~cdc/mag...the pichler fairing/pichler uni-4 fairing.htm

Each to his own, but to me riding a bike with full fairing is like making love with a condom. May be a wise thing to do, now and then, but the feeling??? And when hot outside, fairings tend to make it quite unbearable behind them.

Just me!

Sture

·
Registered
164 Posts
You got the right idea about the CBR600 fairing. I've seen one mounted (top of faring & seat cowl)to a GL1000 Gold Wing. It fit really well. The owner did NOT use the lower section for this bike. One can go to AirTech, www. air-tech-streamlining.com and get the parts cheaper than Honda dealer and no cracks or paint. Mounting hardware also is there.

Another possible company is "SpecII". I have no website at this time. Not sure if "Hole Shot Performance" bought this company or not. Might take a look at them as well.

For myself I used a "Keim" which is no longer made (Swiss) but I still have the "full 2 piece fairing" and had it mounted to a 1985 V-4, 700cc, Saber (really miss the bike)...many years ago. I used the full fairing in early fall to spring and just the upper in summer. Best "small" fairing I ever had...for protection, warmth, lite weight, good mounts and durable.

You got a few options now.

LT2

·
Registered
136 Posts
i have a mach fairing on mine, was fitted when i bought the bike.

it is a good fairing and does offer a lot of protection from the weather, only bad thing is it is a touch to long / comes to far back up the bike. my legs / shins bang and rub against it and a sore after a longish ride. but it will be getting trimed back and new mounting brackets mad up in the near future..

·
Registered
3 Posts
so, after riding in the rain a couple days ago on both my cx and one of my dad's full fairing bikes, i found myself wanting a fairing. i found many vintage options but i dont think they would be wide enough. has anyone put a full race fairing on a cx/gl ? i'm thinking a cbr fairing might be wide enough. i dont mind fabbing up some mounting hardware or getting a new headlight, or drilling into my crash bars as this would be a permanant fairing mount. up here a fairing is almost necessary to ride early and late seasons. just wondering how feasable it is.
I took a touring fairing off my buddies cx500. Don fresco let me know if you're interested

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,233 Posts
This thread is 8 years old and most of the participants haven't been here in a while so you probably won't get much of a response from them. You would do better starting a new thread in the Selling & Buying section and including pictures, your location and an asking price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts