Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Fuel System Warning Light

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  PGL 
#1 ·
Hi would any body be able to help?, the fuel system warning light on the dash, lights up when riding the bike at 6000 rpm or above. This does not appear to affect any other functions. If I turn off the ignition and re-set.The warning light goes out as normal until I hit 6000 rpm. At a stand still the warning light does not come on, as above. All filters are new and I have clean fuel.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Regards Pgl

#5 ·
If the fuel warning light comes on - then there will be a diagnostic code on the computer under the rear cowl of the bike.

Problem is - when this issue occurs - if your turn the bike off and then back on it will clear the diagnostic code - then you have to start again..

If you can repeat the problem and then have the bike ready to remove the seat and to get to the ecu - read the diagnostic codes - and refer to the efi manual - it will tell you what the problem is...

It is on page 28 of the CFI system manual.

There are 5 LEDS noted as follows 3 2 1 0 W - they will either blink or be on a constant time.... you read the code and refer to the above page

example error code 11
all 3 2 1 0 no signal W on constant = (Computer - internal fault)
error code 1 = 3 2 1 no signal ) & W on constant (PB sensor - Open Circuit - or shorted signal wire)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.