Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1979. I just removed the tank, painted it, reinstalled it. Now I have a significant fuel leak. It's not the lines as I replaced everything while putting an in line fuel filter in. It is definitely the right side O ring area. Can this be replaced without completely removing the carbs? I've had the bike about a month and would like to hold off on carb removal until winter. From my experience, when you treat one problem you sometimes find 5 more! Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just replied answer to question on other thread. But quick answer - they need to be pulled. Box of 250 nitrile O rings (multipe sizes)was 6.99 at Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just replied answer to question on other thread. But quick answer - they need to be pulled. Box of 250 nitrile O rings (multipe sizes)was 6.99 at Harbor Freight.

I saw that. I just tried a little wiggle back and forth with some needle nosed vice grips to see if it would seal. A little better but unacceptable. I came to the same conclusion! I'm 40 miles from an HF but that sounds like a good idea. I'll probably do NAPA. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts