Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Fuel line/filter question...

7K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  KLCruiser 
It's always best to buy enough hose to do two. Hooke up the hose to the filter and petcock and take the remainder and measure out how long it is. Take a bit extra and see how it all fits. Cut 1/8 inch off of it and test again. Stop when it works right.

Every other of these bikes has a different petcock or different fuel inlet so length varies.

Rick,

I wouldn't go overboard and spend a million dollars on a straight or 90 degree filter but I am willing to pay up to $7. These ones seem to be better and if stuff builds up inside there is a chance to blow it out from the opposite end.

Some screen or paper filters let big chunks through and that's why I advise against them. I once removed a fuel hose on a bike with a rusty tank that was running funny just to find out that it let so much junk through that the bottom 2 inches of the fuel hose at the carbs was full of rust.

Yep Greg seems to have found a decent place to get them up in the twin cities. I'm sure there are several places around here where I can get them but I'm good for now.

Also that harley petcock has a pretty big nipple so I need even less 6mm hose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.