Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
fuel guage.JPG

This a photograph of behind my instrument panel on my CX500 Eurosport. Now if you look it says 'Yellow/White' am I missing a white wire? The fuel float seems intact and the actual arm looked spotless. Bit puzzled... Any help much appreciated (Y)

YELLOW/WHITE is yellow and white striped wire. I'm an idiot... with a broken fuel gauge :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Remove the sender 2-way multi-plug from under the tank and with the ignition switch turned on short out the connector terminals (on the loom side) with a piece of wire.

If the gauge and circuit is OK the needle on the gauge will move towards the `full` mark and the fault is in the sender.

The fuel gauge is unreliable and innacurate at the best of times and hardly worth the effort of repairing - you have a reserve tap, use that and your tripmeter for fuel calculations....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have gauge when I run out I flip to reserve. Once I didn't get switched fast enough and had to stop once it died taking off at light. Both times started right back no problem. Luckily at the light it was night and no traffic to get mad at me. I know I can go at least 20 miles on the highway on reserve.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
If the gauge on the 500ED is as accurate as the gauge on the 650ED my advice is to ignore it . By half a tank gone the 650 gauge reads empty, so I reset the trip meter every time I fill the tank , and use that meter as a fuel gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts