Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the deal. Matt @ TAS Motorsports got in the first card of filters yesterday, more to follow as soon as his distributor gets them.

These are the true 90* ones that fit easily without kinking your fuel line. See through heavy plastic case, sintered bronze filter element.

Made for 1/4" ID fuel hose but will fit ours with some lube / hot water. Pretty much the same as the K&N 81-0222 they recently quit making.

$4.95 each with free shipping so long as you mention the forum or my name.

You must call, 260-563-6937 he's reserved this first 20 + any additional it takes to satisfy us first.

They take Visa / MC directly or will take PayPal but would prefer not to as PayPal nabs a hefty fee out of any transaction.

Before you call you might make a list of oddball little things you may need. They've got oil & air filters as well as most of the rubber seals including the rubber carb plugs.

This is what the fuel filters look like: http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/images/KL191409 I_MED.jpg (representative picture only)

BTW: Their phone has been pretty busy lately so it may take a while to get through, just keep trying.

Also remember, they've only got 20 (well, 19 now) of these on the first shipment with no ETA on the ones they have on order.

First come, first served but we're the only ones that has first grab at them before he puts them on eBay.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously, he only got 19 in and there's no telling when he'll be getting any more as his distributor had to order them. Grab these while you can and if anyone calls and finds out he's run out please post that so others won't be wasting time trying to call him.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
I do hope people use TAS and Georgefix as they are small,"Mom and Pop" concerns who need the business more than most in these hard economic times.The more business they get from you/us the more likely they are to stock requested items needed by forum members.

I recently asked Georgefix about Cam chains for the North American members but his supplier has run out

·
Read Only
121 Posts
Seriously, he only got 19 in and there's no telling when he'll be getting any more as his distributor had to order them. Grab these while you can and if anyone calls and finds out he's run out please post that so others won't be wasting time trying to call him.

Placed an order for 3. These folks are great to work with!

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Sent them a message for an order of 2 (expensive and hard to phone from Canada). I have bought from these guys since I got my bike, they are the best :)

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I recently asked Georgefix about Cam chains for the North American members but his supplier has run out

Yeah, he used to have really good prices, last chain I bought was from an online Honda Dealer, (discounthondaparts), they were about $15 cheaper than Georgefix. It makes sense, he has to source new ones at higher prices.

If it's within a few bucks, always give the little guy your business, or at least give him a chance. Georgefix has always been great to deal with.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
When I first got my bike and had it in 1000 peices, I went part hunting on Ebay. TAS had good prices, but what sold me was the helpfull "personalized" help you got from them. As far as I am concerned, I will buy from TAS even if its more expensive, as they are what I call a great company that knows "service", and treats you like a friend and not a checkbook :) I mean you even get a candy :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
I placed an order with TAS and was expecting an email...it hasn't arrived. My email address isn't "conventional" and poses challenges for some. So, do they have an email address I could fire an email off to? I'll call them tomorrow...but figured an email could fix the problem without the 2-3 hour lag in timezones since I'm in Arizona.

Thanks!

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.