Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get a new fuel filter for the Petcock? I have an external filter fitted which works fine but a little bulky.

Cheers Chris

·
Super Moderator
5,891 Posts

·
Registered
1982 cx500tc turbo
180 Posts
Hi
There is a tread here about the filter for the petcock
The screen filter is from a cbx1000a and it fits
need to drill a hole in the top for the return tube to go thru

TLD 🇨🇦 🇩🇰

·
Registered
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
599 Posts
Take a look at this WIKI thread.
Basically buy a CBX1000 petcock, remove the sock, drill a hole in the end for the return and done. I used this on my current CX500T with no issues. People get all cranky about adding a hole to the petcock! egads! Oh My! You ruined it! They do not understand how the turbo petcock system works. Fuel travels in TWO directions on a turbo through this tube! How can this be? impossible? no way! But yes, it does. Intake is through the screen as you would expect. But there is a return from the fuel system that travels down a tube that the screen covers. At the end of that tube, there needs to be an outlet, or the fuel pressure will not be controlled properly. On the stock screen, there is a filter/screen. When you use the CBX part, you just drill a hole to let the return fuel back into the tank. That's the sound you hear when you key on before starting the engine. You can hear the fuel returning back to the tank! So what if the CBX doesn't have a return screen! It gets screened again after it enters the sock. Then it hits the filter. My .02 on this. Let us know what your solution is and how it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts