Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX 500 TC
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you know that the fuel filter for the Turbos are no longer available and have or are using the marine filter version that several have mentioned. I also am purchasing an alternative filter. But after looking over my original one, i began to think that there must be a way to modify the original one so it could be rebuildable using modern available filters.

So before i take and cut the original one open, i'm looking for suggestions for modifying my original one. For those that are knowledgeable in fabrication, i want to turn it into a threaded cylinder, but not sure exactly how to do it and still have a good seal. I welcome your suggestions and ideas.

Auto part Cylinder Metal

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,401 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX 500 TC
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Theirs nothing special, that I know of. I haven't cut it open to see. I probably could use the one you linked to, other than having to get elbow fittings. This is just an off the cuff idea if someone wanted to keep the originality of the look but modified. With the junk that I've been able to clean out of it so far, theirs no way id use it so I figured id get some input from the forum on how to modify it.

I ordered an Aramox Fuel Filter from Amazon. I just have to get the correct size elbow fittings when it comes in.
Fireworks Darkness Night Diwali Sparkler

·
Registered
1982 CX 500 TC
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow!! I guess I should have asked the question before I ordered mine. I searched the forum using every term I could think of to see what other alternatives people were using. So much for my bright idea. Should have known somebody already tried it. Thanks for the links though. I appreciate the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.