Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had little luck finding a decent set of headlight mounts/ears for my bike. got a set off ebay, but were rusted with many pit holes.

What I'd like to do is find a way to mount new turn signals on the front. I have new turn signals (like original) which go onto the pegs (see image)

These are the turn signals I have :

Wondering if someone can point me to just brackets which will hold the turn signals onto the frame, I'll use separate brackets for the headlight assemb.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My headlight bucket and arms are from a junkyard Kawasaki 900... I would suggest anything that will use an H4 bulb.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Maybe I just got lucky, but I scored a decent set of brackets for an '80C on eBay for $15 + ship. They're not a mess either. The rusting is on the inside of which I can take care of. Trick is with eBay is to work the search in as many ways as possible. The pair I scored were listed for a '79 (the seller may have been working off a VIN, as they are not typical '79 brackets), the search word was "mounts". I was the only bidder coz I think the '79 thing fooled most bidders. Chrome always photographs better than it is, so it's tough to see the small blems. Also used the search word(s), ears, bracket(s), nacelle, holder(s), bucket. To be mentioned is you can have eBay send you saved searches in emails (apologizes if you already know this). This is my first CX so I'm still learning. BTW, my original brackets will get hammered out, sand blasted & powder coated.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Just a warning for anyone that might try the above mod that E/C did. It is a pain to do the same thing with the headlight ears on the bike. I did similar with 3 inch metal spikes but someone cut the stalks completely off mine.

I ended up having to superglue the nut to a thin screwdriver so I could spin it on. Then I was lucky enough to get a thin box wrench in there.

A similar idea would be to fit a piece of rubber fuel hose in there and screw the turn signal in. Threading the turn signal into the hole in the fuel hose will cause it to expand and hold tight to the stem.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Stitch is right. I had to remove the headlight ears & cut off just enough stalks to get a full nut on the turn signal threaded stem. In the photo you can see where the lights are not square, so I removed them and ground the stalks to get a level/square fit. Also had to re-epoxy the the turn signal threaded stems in the turn signals so I could get the turn signals tight. I do not remove the headlight ears to re-adjust up/down on the turn signals once installed. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the signal light stem "nut" while turning & tightening the light to the desired position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts