Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’m new here to the forum, this being my first post. I have a 79 cx500 custom, it is also my first build. I am very green and eager to learn. I am looking into swapping my front end with a GSXR with gold forks. I would like to keep the comstar wheel, although I’m understanding that makes the swap a little more difficult. I’m also reading that the stems are the biggest concerns. Would anyone be willing to tell me exactly what I need to make this swap possible and easy solutions or tips. Thanks for your patience for a newbie, much appreciated!

·
Registered
Current project 1978 CX500 cafe
129 Posts
That sounds interesting. Im not sure that the front comstar will work with the gsxr front due to brake caliper placement and rotor diameter. But a machinist can make anything work. Maybe not cheaply. your easiest would be to use the gsxr front wheel and brakes too. Then contact Cognito Moto about the conversion bearings and stem. good luck!

·
Registered
Current project 1978 CX500 cafe
129 Posts
I am using the CBR600rr front on my project. Basically the same. I am almost done mocking it all up, stripping it for sandblast and powder coat. Check it out on the build threads here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.