Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. been a while since I posted anything. I do ck out the site... fun reads.. always fun to see what direction people are doing with their projects.
I have a 82' trike ( ex Chicago PD ).... the stock front one rotor brake...... in conjunction with the small golf cart rear drum brakes... work.. but I really want twice stoppers up front. Brakes are ok at around town speed... but anything near 50... requires.. greater effort... I heard that a front end off a 82' Gold Wing should..key word... should... bolt on. So I picked up a one owner unit off a local auction house.... runner.. gadzooks this thing is huge.... all kinds of doo dads on the dash.... killer tool kit... ( kept that ).... hauled it to a buddies.. he has a supercharged Gold Wing.... seriously ... fast. Told him.. give me the front end... handle bars to the ground.. he bought the engine...rest sold to a local cycle bone yard... so I'm out $200.oo for the front end. But before I could attempt the swap.... Mother Nature handed the season off to O'Man Winter and hos cohort.. Jack Frost.. looks like spring before any progress.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Condensation.jpg About two weeks ago... a great morn'n... going to be high 70's. I fire up the old 45.. and rip off to the usual saturday morn'n coffee BS session. I noted all the roads looked wet. Got to the BS spot.. another buddy said his bike got loose twice on the freeway... After I contributed my fair share of BS... decided city streets to go home... at light near Lake Calhoun ( don't care what they call it now )... light turns green I proceed turn left... 2-3 mph.. rear wheel swung out.. then high sided.. and I'm kissing pavement.. helmet slams hard.... I stand up..... ribs are killing me... the 45 is on it's side... running in gear... I pop it in neutral.. swing out side stand and lift the bike.. my ribs are screaming... the 5-6 people who gathered.. no help. Grrrrrrr... bike still running. Crash bars worked ! I mount.. ride home. That night on the news.. " roads wet ".. Today.. nearly two weeks later... I'm a " big boy " again.. I can pull on, snap-zip my pants all by myself. I'm not ready to ... swap anything for awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts