Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to bleed the front brakes, i was working fine yesterday, but when i disassebbled to clean the psiton on the caliper, the fluid drained out of the main reservoir, i refilled and now am trying to rebleed

no luck so i disconnected brake line from the handle unit

when i depress the handle, no brake fluid is going out of the handle - should there be?

there are two small holes inside the reservoir, one can be penetrated and the other one cannot , whould they both be ?

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Both holes in the MC need to be clean, but the small one is REALLY small. Too small for even a paperclip. Best to use compressed air or a torch tip cleaning wire. With the MC running dry, you will have to "prime it" to get the fluid to move. Fill the reseviour with fluid and take the brake line off at the MC. Put your finger over the brake line hole in the MC and pump the handle until you feel pressure and the fluid starts comming out, then put the brake line back on and bleed normally.

Once the MC runs dry, the little piston has air trapped there and wont move fluid, once the fluid is "coaxed" into the piston area it will again start to move fluid properly

·
Registered
4,035 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've cleared the small hole once with a sewing needle. But I only recommend that when the MC is fully torn down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.