Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my rebuild kit. are there supposed to be dust boots that cover the pistons? nothing like that came in the rebuild kit and the exploded parts view doesnt show anything but it seems a little strange they would be exposed to the elements like that.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I would think that it should have a dust boo, but some rebuild kits may not come with them I guess. Are the old ones salvageable?

there are no old ones. when i pulled it apart there was nothing there. the micro fische doesnt look like there ever was anything there. i am puzzled i was hoping someone would go look at there caliper and tell me or post a picture of what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My rebuild kit came with a dust cover for the piston and I think a new clip ring. It also came with 2 covers for bolts, but I never used those as mine looked OK. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Busy rebuilding the whole front brake system.

The Caliper Kit should have a "square" seal for inside the caliper to seal against the piston

Large dust seal with ring clip to keep the piston/seal clean

Two small dust seals for the bolts that caliper slides on.

Also a nipple dust cover.

Bought my kit from GEORGEFIX'S on eBay...brilliant guys, very helpful.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got in my kit.

2 inner piston seals

2 outer piston seals

1 pivot bolt boot seal

2 actuating bolt boot seal

1 bleeder screw dust cover.

thats it. i verifed the part number for the kit to make sure i got the right one and i did. every kit i have seen online has been this exact configuration. the parts fisch doesnt show any boots for the pistons either. i'll do what i do best... scavenge around to find some boots that will work. the kit is installed and i'm just waiting for pads which i'll get on sat. so after a line flush and bleed i'll be good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.