Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Two screws underneath hold it in place to the lever assembly.

I recall you need a longer shafted scredriver to get to them when it is mounted.

Greg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Regarding the continuing leak.

Did you clean the oxidation out of the grove in the master cylinder body? I'm guessing that is what is causing the leak you are still having.

I had this problem where I simply flushed and changed the fluid in the master cylinder and it started leaking, no matter how hard I tightened the reservoir cap screws. Turns out that just untightening the cap caused the reservoir to shift and break the seal it had with all of the oxidation in the grove. Once I removed the reservoir and really cleaned the grove out, the leak went away.

I used a combination of a dental probe and a Dremel tool with fine wire brush and made sure there was brake fluid in the area where the reservoir fit. I used a turkey baster to suck up the fluid and loose oxidation, added some more fluid, lightly swished with a toothbrush and vacuumed out again a few more times to make sure I got all of the loose oxidation. It may have been luck, but since I didn’t touch the lever, I didn’t introduce any air into the system, even though at times the reservoir was empty of fluid.

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.