Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a bitterly cold Canadian winter morning as I type this. Yet, I know there will still be some die hard riders that make the trek to Port Dover, Ontario for the Friday 13th ride.

As a CX'er that is at least one of the forum readers that live the closest to Dover, I almost feel a sense of duty to show up and represent at every Friday 13th. It is with a tug of regret that I type this - but no freaking way am I going to ride to Dover today. I may drive out just to check it out if I have a slow day today - but no way am I risking freezing - it's minus 11 F here this morning - or risking an accident or mechanical difficulties related to the cold today. There are three Friday 13ths this year - the next one is next month, with the third one in November. I likely won't be able to make it out to any of them this year, but salute those that do.

For those forum readers unfamiliar with this tradition, it started more than 50 Friday 13ths ago. Mostly Harley riders attend. When the weather is nice the town hosts over 10,000 riders. This is close to Sturgis or Daytona for a single day's showing. All other vehicle traffic is blocked, with motorcycle only signs far outside of town. Residents get special passes, but mostly they don't even try to travel then.

If I drive out on the excuse of needing a perch lunch, I will be sure to take some pics of how many bikes braved the cold. Hopefully this diatribe doesn't irk Sidecar Bob - we know you're a true Canadian die hard Bob - nuff said.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Sounds like fun. Need heated undies for that ride. Grab some pics, it be cool to see who all braved the cold.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Thomas, you need something to get to Lowgap but I ain't seen you yet!

·
Registered
596 Posts
paraskavedekatriaphobia !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts