Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else make it down to Dover today? I live ten mins away and there was just about every motorcycle ever built down there. Didn`t see any other Honda turbo`s ,one kawi 750 T. My buddy just bought a mint 81 GS 650 and it was interesting to compare the 500 Turbo to an inline four of the same vintage. I`m familiar with the GS`s as I used to have a modified GS1100 and it would have been more of a match but after a brisk ride down the winding roads on the shore of lake Erie it really sunk in how special the honda Turbo is. In a top gear roll on from about 100 Kph the Turbo would leave the GS so far behind it was almost like it went into reverse. When we switched bikes I had to drop down two gears all the time just to stay on pace. Awesome day for motorcycling.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Anybody else make it down to Dover today? I live ten mins away and there was just about every motorcycle ever built down there. Didn`t see any other Honda turbo`s ,one kawi 750 T. My buddy just bought a mint 81 GS 650 and it was interesting to compare the 500 Turbo to an inline four of the same vintage. I`m familiar with the GS`s as I used to have a modified GS1100 and it would have been more of a match but after a brisk ride down the winding roads on the shore of lake Erie it really sunk in how special the honda Turbo is. In a top gear roll on from about 100 Kph the Turbo would leave the GS so far behind it was almost like it went into reverse. When we switched bikes I had to drop down two gears all the time just to stay on pace. Awesome day for motorcycling.

I was there on my DN-01 - Quite the day - must have been 100,000 bikes of all kinds, shapes, sizes! A thread was started, but got no replies on the travel section: http://cx500forum.com/index.php?/topic/478-friday-13th-port-dover-ontario/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts