Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys...

I've been away from the boards for quite awhile - after I rewound my stator last summer - I've been riding all the time... but so busy at work and home that I haven't been by in awhile.

I will be at the freedom run rally if anyone else is interested in coming. It is this Saturday June 18th. Kickstands up at 10am. They have a pancake breakfast that runs from 6-10 I believe. Line-up starts at 6am.

I will be meeting at the Home Depot in Joliet, IL at 7am with some other friends from Chicagoland as well. We will meet there in the Home Depot parking lot, and leave from there. Probably hit up an iHop for some breakfast, then it's off to the rally. I think it's $10 to ride - all funds go to the wall.

Address for Home Depot:

3001 Plainfield Rd

Joliet, IL 60435

It's on the north side of Hwy 30, just southeast of I-55. Google puts it on the south side, but is wrong.

call or text if interested in joining us. I know it's late notice...

cell 630-297-7741

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, it should be wrapped up around 1 or so. Still time to make it to Mods Vs Rockers. Unfortunately I have to work at 3pm. Later.

Keep it between the ditches

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah - not sure why my friend said 1pm. That's when the ceremony started. Very moving morning. Blew my mind to see all the family's represented on bikes, that had lost a loved one... not to mention the thousands of other riders there to support them.

I wish I could have seen a helicopter view of the actual ride. Bikes farther than you could see in both directions stagered for miles and miles. Pretty awesome experience.

Unfortunately the morning started on a very low note - we lost a rider in I-80 on his way in. Un-even lanes, they were resurfacing one lane at a time - he tried to change lanes to the newer/higher lane. He didn't make it, and one more in the hospital.

I was disapointed to see that I was one of maybe 20 people that were wearing their helmets. I realize it was hot. I had all my gear on. Still nothing compared to being in the desert of Iraq at 130 degrees with full uniform and gear as a marine though. Those guys are the heros.

Anyway - a rambling post I know.

Glad I went. Now I just need to go to a rally/ride with other CXer's. I couldn't even tell my bike was even running today - I had to watch the Tach just to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.