·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Do the timing marks and piston position look correct? Otherwise, reassembly is going well, made a new heatshield out of a 1/8 high temp silicone sheet, I still have just enough to cut one more if anyone needs it, just DM me and pay for postage. I drilled out the rivets and used some small bolts I had on hand, I cut the mat with scissors then shaped it up a little with a dremel - not as precise as Ive seen some manage on here but tolerable.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Second guessing during assembly is always better than fixing it after assembly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Second guessing during assembly is always better than fixing it after assembly.
I'm sure I'll regret speaking those words! I ended up removing the left cyl. head to double-check my work. So far so good and it shifts through all gears after replacing clutch plates and springs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I always find CXPHREAKs sage advice moments too late... this water pipe o-ring situation will be the end of me.
For those in need:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
A little personal lube and two orings for good measure and the water pipe is in! Got the the Rae San hall effect kit wired in, will be posting a mountain of questions when it comes time to finish wiring this beast... installed impeller and cover. Learned that taking photos as I reassemble is as helpful as disassembly, at least in easing nerves that crop up later.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
Does anyone know what the torque specs are for the fan shroud nuts and the bolts that run through the shroud and engine mount? not seeing them in the FSM.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
if running Murrays carbs+pods, what are opinions on doing the crankcase breather mod vs breather tube to a balloon method?

I would need:
Cylinder head plug (2 off): 90547-415-305
Timing inspection breather plug: 12361-415-610
O-ring: 91302-001-000
Breather tube: 95005-12460-20

Vs
Balloon+scrap tube I have already..

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
What do you mean by balloon?

101 - 120 of 159 Posts