Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1981 cx500 that I am starting on. Has anyone ever cut the frame that holds the seat out. Basically right behind the carb a tube goes down and two tubes stay horizontally flat and head back to the shocks. The part that runs to the shocks is what I would like to remove. Anyone attempted this?

·
Registered
979 Posts
So, youre wanting to do away with your shocks?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wow, thats a hideous tank. On another note, if everyone googled then whats the point of this forum?

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Wow, thats a hideous tank. On another note, if everyone googled then whats the point of this forum?

Ok picture this. I want a picture of a giraffe. Google images and bam you're there.

If you want a picture of every cx500 or gl hit up google images and scroll down till you hit something interesting. How do you think I find all this stuff. Sure I saw the cobra bike and know more than enough about it but hitting google up found me the pictures quicker than going through the forum.

In the archive there is also a thread called post your ride. It has tons of peoples odd stuff. Lots of stock and lots of odd.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Love the first cx, hate the tank though!

Actually that was his second tank. I cant seem to fine pictures of the first tank he was using but it was a lot nicer on the bike. But less creative.

·
Registered
85 Posts
>snip< hit up google images and scroll down till you hit something interesting. How do you think I find all this stuff. <snip>

I've Google Image'd a thousand times looking at CX mods and I've never seen either of these photos ..........................

Just say'n is all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was not implying that it was a new idea that had not been done. I just thought this might be a spot that would have a lot of knowledge/tips on the particular subject, maybe it's not.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Just google cx500 or gl500 and ignore the headphones or Mercedes images that pop up. No need to be to specific.

It's just another tool. Maybe it's just me since i'm on 4 cx/gl forums that I know of.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Remember the way out (literally) carburetor placement n the original? Wasn't that the one that had the carbs about a foot off the motor on some really long manifolds?

Cheers, 50gary

·
Registered
979 Posts
Geez guys, yall really raped the new guy's thread........

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a cx500 parts bike that the PO hacked up if you want you can have the frame its in pittsburgh it has been converted to a monoshock... not a great job but its a start.

I'm using the engine and accessories but the frame has no title so eventualy it will be cut up for scrap metal

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry wasn't trying to be a Harley rider. Just thought blindstitch reply was the best thing I read that day.

For the most part though. If you can fund it you can build it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts