Honda CX 500 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well, Tony, 200 pounds is what I weigh, off and on. I seldom bother to step on the scale, but back in May, I was at 195, a couple weeks ago down to 185. Up and down, depending on how hard I'm working, how much I eat, etc. (I'd be healthiest if I got back down like 165 to 170, but I guess that ain't happening again.)

I think most of the rider's weight is on the rear wheel anyway. If we got a 450 pound man on a well-tuned Twisted Twin, I'm sure he could lift that front wheel as well. As a truck driver, I learned to judge weight distribution pretty accurately, so that I never had to slide my trailer axles, or move a load after it was loaded. When I climb on the GL, I don't think I'm putting any more than about 35 or 40 pounds on the front axle. All the rest goes on the rear. A passenger of the same weight might add 5 more pounds to the front - almost all of the passenger's weight goes on the rear.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
How about the bikes, the riders, AND the rider's "better halves"?

On second thought - let's not go there, LMAO!!!

I am the better half. We just haven't settled on which half of what I'm better at.

I'm always better- either better at doing it right or better at doing it wrong.

*that's going in my sig*

·
Registered
840 Posts
I believe the CX engine would be defined as peaky. It produces peak performance in hp at about 9500rpm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turning left today I overlooked a grey pickup.

I caught movement after I started my turn and was already dedicated.

I figured I had just enough room to hit the throttle and not make him brake hard.

Like I said I found the red line on the tachometer. The sound changes A LOT

over 8,500 rpm also I thought it picked up power over 5,000 rpm that is nothing

until you see how much it jumps over 8,000 rpm!

The bottom line is he never got near me and the bike surprised me! I did not know

it had that hidden in there.

Do not misunderstand me I do not want to do that again but WOW what a surprise!

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,512 Posts
I'm not sure what you meant to do here but you have just quoted the first post of this thread without replying to it. AND you have resurrected a thread from 9 years ago to do that.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts