Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my five different 500's tended to wobble, now I just got a 650 and it's the worst. Took one hand off to scratch my nose at 35 mph, thought it would throw me off into the trees. This is chronic Honda, every one I've ever had except a 77 CB750F has done it. Seems to me my first Honda, a CL450 had a damper, but it still shook at (too) high speed.

OH ya, it's been a long time, good to see BlindStitch still here, how about Dave in WIsconsin?

·
Registered
458 Posts
How does the tire wear? Scalloped tread pattern? wearing on one edge of tread blocks?

Sounds like forks aren't level. Check them for length, against each other. Check length each one pokes out above and below triple tree. Make sure all bolts are nipped up tight.

Get wheel balanced, by a reputable bike shop.

I have been able to ride all my CX's at 55 mph, throttle lock, no hands. Steady as a rock, even at slower speeds.

Anyone else???

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Neither of my CX500s have ever,"Wobbled"

I know I shouldn't but on a straight clear road and with my Vista Cruise control/Throttle lock I can take both hands of off the bars even at 60 mph(Not recommended) and they steer true,no wobble.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good tires..straight forks, make sure they arent twisted at all... most importantly, good and well adjusted steering stem bearings... any notchyness in the races will set off a wobble. I ride a 650c that runs str8 as an arrow at any speed good riding .. MIKE

·
Registered
264 Posts
I put a different front end on my gl500 and rebuilt the forks and now it wobbles too, not as bad as yours. Just in turns over 70mph. and straight over 85mph. seems to be better with 10psi of air in my forks and 30 in my rear shock to try to raise the front end up but still there. A guy I met told me to try loosening the clamps on the forks and then compress the front end by pushing down on the fork caps. He said there are usually miner irregularities in the forks and this will line them up by allowing them to twist a little as the front end goes down. Then tighten it back up. I may try when I get home tonight from work. Let us know what you figure out since I am having this problem too I am prolly not the only one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.