Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does our bikes with the stock fairing need the fork weights ? i've notice the i have a slight steering wobble @ 40mph. realy only notice it with one hand on the grips with a light grip. checked tire,fork bearing, axle bearing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What is a "fork weight"?

you want More weight then the 30# of fairing up there?

I would bet is a bad tire or head bearings.

also can be caused by bad wheel bearings.

If the problem is only at 40mph, and not 45 or 35. the head bearings do not have to be very loose. as they get looser the range of "shake" is increased. so if the range is very small, you may not have noticed the play in them.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Some (possibly all?) of the early Goldwing Interstates had a weight to improve stability and/or dampen vibration. This weight also functioned as the front cover of the wire box mounted between the forks. In contrast, the Silverwing Interstates just had a lightweight cover on the wire box.

Our bikes do not need an additional weight. If you experience wobble strictly as a function of speed there is likely a problem that needs correction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.