Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight as I was getting ready to install new fork seals I rounded out the head of the allen bolt on the left side what now? Since its kinda up in the fork I have no idea where to go from here? I have the forks off my 81 are they the same size as my 82?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news guys broke every easy out I had last night. Went to the store this morning got some new ones and got the bolt out. Now I just gotta find a replacement bolt. I also found that the small spring on the very bottom that looks like a valve spring to me is broken. Any suggestions there? I have some valve springs that are pretty close to the same size I might throw those in there what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I've seen so many "don't know the brand" EZ-Outs break that I would probably save up and buy a good set from Sears or preferably Snap-On or Mac.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I've seen so many "don't know the brand" EZ-Outs break that I would probably save up and buy a good set from Sears or preferably Snap-On or Mac.

Ditto.Taps/dies and easi-outs are only any good if a quality brand otherwise they can cause more problem than they are worth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.