Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on Craigs list today.

Been looking for a while for a parts bike with dual disks to put on my 78 cx500. I went to look at the bike today and will be picking it up tomorrow, unless one of you stops me of course

It is a Suzuki 1981 GS650, he typed 78 in the add in error. About a week ago someone (I forget who) posted this link.

The Suzuki I looked at today is not listed on this list. Am kinda wondering if this should be cause for alarm.

My 78 has 33mm forks, the Suzuki has 35mm. The whole triple tree is there.

I need your feedback on this. It would suck if I have to do something major to the cx stem in order to use the Suzuki front end. Should I take apart the Suzuki front end apart and measure the shaft coming up through the neck? What can I do to be sure the swap will work without welding needing to be done, or a machine shop cost for that matter. Thank you much for any help at all!!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have made the title a question perhaps. I hope I'm not making a mistake in getting this bike tomorrow. It's available, and the price is right.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm supposed to go and get this parts bike in 2 hours. And nobody has responded at all
I think this thread is broken. I'm going to cry if nobody at least wishes me luck with it, even if they do not have any advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.