Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not mine
But may be o' interest to anyone wanting to get rid of $1500USD......
I should add I bought NOS cam chain guides/blades from this seller at prices that were on par to reproductions.....so no criticism on the seller...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
For that price i would expect it to be flawless but there were some blemishes in the paint. Very cool to be NOS with the box though.

·
Registered
1983 cx650c
1,308 Posts
I got the entire bike for $500, have rebuilt it all but motor for less than $2000 total. The price of this tank reminds me of the $300 petcock I saw on eBay, could still be there? I replaced the crappy vacuum petcock for $6 four years ago, no leaks, quick starts. I'm guessing this tank has no petcock? Regardless, it's a scratched up old gas tank, may have surface rust inside? They can keep it forever at that price,,,😆

·
Super Moderator
23,999 Posts
The tank on my 500D replica came from a CX that I likely paid about $100 or less for. It came as part of a package with three non runners. This tank was a 78 standard, black with red stripe.

While the paint was ratted with age it is the only one of these tanks I've ever painted that didn't need at least some filler.

One in used condition has just been listed on ebay Oz for $650.

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Seems price is location dependant....Ive seen tanks in Cowra padocks as shown ebay for$200....Some German sellers bout $700 with dents....
As per Dfresh...its the "novelty of new" and supply and demand
Edit$=AUD
BTW pretty sure the tank you linked to was a ex-Aussie forum member....

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
the old proverbial "hens teeth" principle applies here???

Reactions: bahn88
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.