Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old CX500 motor that I took out of a 78 and gave the frame and title to a friend.

Looking to get it out of my garage. It's been sitting for about 5 years now. Was a runner when I pulled it out but might need a new stator. No idea what the condition is inside.

$50.00.

I send pictures if you're interested

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,407 Posts
If you don't get any local takers, I might be able to get my brother-in-law in Rockville to pick it up and hold it for me. That's a last resort, though, to save it from being scrapped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't get any local takers, I might be able to get my brother-in-law in Rockville to pick it up and hold it for me. That's a last resort, though, to save it from being scrapped.
Understood. I've got 4 engines in my garage I'm trying to get rid of so I'll give it a week or two (going to crosspost to craigslist and facebook marketplace as well).

If you need any other CX500 parts, let me know and I might have something lying around. Carbs, Stainless steel bolt set, original rear cowl, side covers, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Understood. I've got 4 engines in my garage I'm trying to get rid of so I'll give it a week or two (going to crosspost to craigslist and facebook marketplace as well).

If you need any other CX500 parts, let me know and I might have something lying around. Carbs, Stainless steel bolt set, original rear cowl, side covers, etc.

I'm looking for a cx500 carb - can you PM me?

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,407 Posts
Are they all CX/GL500 engines? That might be an excuse for a road trip, depending on what's left. And I could stop to see my mother in Westminster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are they all CX/GL500 engines? That might be an excuse for a road trip, depending on what's left. And I could stop to see my mother in Westminster.
Only 1 CX engine remaining. I have 3 CB750 Hondamatics though. I'm in the process of going through all of my motorcycle stuff because I have one last build for next year and everything extra needs to go. Hopefully I'll be able to get through a lot of it over the long break that way I can try and take pictures of everything to make it easier to do inventory and see what all I have. I know somewhere I have a NIB ignition system that was up on the other cx500 board (which I can't seem to find anymore)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: adriancw

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500, 1982 GL500 Silverwing Interstate, 1980 CX500 Custom
130 Posts
I am also in MD - what else do you have for the CX (or GL even, maybe) 500? Cheers, A

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500, 1982 GL500 Silverwing Interstate, 1980 CX500 Custom
130 Posts
I found two sets of carbs.

I also have some comstars, a front end*(inquire for more info), and a computer.

I also have original megaphones that have been cored out to remove the baffles and gives the bike a gnarly blap sound.

Can you let me know what you have left, and where you are (Germantown or Westminster?). I am in Rockville, and might be able to make use all or many of the spare parts... :)

Thanks, Adrian

·
Registered
1981 Honda CX500C
59 Posts
I have an old CX500 motor that I took out of a 78 and gave the frame and title to a friend.

Looking to get it out of my garage. It's been sitting for about 5 years now. Was a runner when I pulled it out but might need a new stator. No idea what the condition is inside.

$50.00.

I send pictures if you're interested
I would buy this, but of course I'm in oregon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts