Honda CX 500 Forum banner

FOR SALE: CX 500 Deluxe Tank

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Airacaz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I'm selling a cx500 Deluxe tank, that while isnt the prettiest, is completely solid, water tight and can hopefully find a good home, the reason that I'm selling is that i have another in slightly better condition.

The out side of it has a few dents smaller dents the biggest of which is ~.5in.x1.25in., all of the dents can either be "fixed" with bondo, or if your more handy than I, you might be able to get them out.

The steel is all solid, though covered in flash rust, as I ran out of rust inhibitor, the inside has a some rust but the interior is still solid, so it can either be coated, or with some rust dissolver and a little patience the bulk of it can be gotten rid of. it comes with the original lid, dust cover and badges. I'll give you the old rubber pillow block but its pretty much crumbling from rot.

This is the model that has the plastic guard molded underneath which is still there.

I stripped the paint off last year because it didn't hold up well being left outside for the better part of 10-15 years before I bought it, I meant to just paint some rust inhibiting primer over it so it wouldn't continue to rust, but unfortunately ran out and never had time to do it since. Its been sitting in a cool dry spot to help as much as possible but there's only so much you can do.

I live in the greater Boston area (Quincy) and prefer not to ship it it possible. I'd rather someone come pick it up but I might be able to be talked into delivery, depending on location.

PM me offers or any questions.

Auto part Muffler

Auto part Fuel tank

Auto part Rust Metal

It's a 78 tank which is the 79 and onward deluxe style

See less See more
#5 ·
Here are more pictures to help, the original paint is on the bottom because I didn't want to fuss with the plastic, the mounting point is untouched and actually looks fantastic, the rubber probably should be replaced but can do in a pinch

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Are you sure? That looks like it uses the wire clip strike for a locking latch, which was '79 at the earliest.

R

EDIT: No, you're right. That looks like mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.