Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update - Feb 12, 2017: Bike is sold, and I've moved to New Hampshire. Stil have a number of parts for sale

Sad to announce that I'm selling my CX500. I only bought it in August, and enjoyed riding it, but unfortunately I have some life changes that I need to make ASAP. Consolidating down to one bike, and the newer Suzuki won.

The CX runs well once she gets started, but does have a little issue starting- something around the flywheel, starter clutch, not sure. New oil mechanical seal, cam chain and guides, and gaskets.

Also have some other parts I'm selling separately, (prices don't including shipping)...

• Hondaline crash bars, good condition, no dents or major scratches - $50. SOLD!!
  • (Standard) Black Headlight Fairing, great condition - $115
  • (Standard) Blue Headlight Fairing, very good condition - $85
  • (Standard) Instrument Meter Cluster, great condition - $70
  • (Custom) Rear Inner Fender w/ Tail Light, chrome in good condition, underside cleaned and Plasti-Dipped - $30
  • (Deluxe) Instrument Cluster, great condition - $65
  • (Deluxe) Headlight Assembly - $45
  • A couple of older handlebars, maybe CX500 - $10
    [*](Standard/Deluxe) Side Covers, need sanded & paint job - $30. SOLD!!
  • (Custom) Side Covers, maroon, good condition - $45
  • (Standard) Rear Crankcase - $50
  • Flywheel, no visible fallacies - $20
  • (Standard) Headlight Ring (33121-405-671) - $30
  • (Standard) Right Airbox Boot - $50
  • (Standard) Rear Brake Drum Hub/Shoes, haven't inspected - $30
  • Shocks, haven't inspected - $25
  • Fork seals, 2 packs of 2 - $10
  • Rejet kit - $25
  • Parts Bike, a lot of things already off the bike, but - $50 - SOLD!!
EDIT: Now located in Southeastern New Hampshire. If interested and/or need to see pics, feel free to comment below, PM me, email me at circledirkATgmailDOTcom or text me at (717)524-9096.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Pics of the fuel tank. It IS missing the fuel cap, but they're easy enough replaceable. The inside of the tank is not as rusty as it looks. The surface is still shiny and smooth, and I'm sure that the color would wash away with some vinegar...

IMG_20151127_082044.jpg IMG_20151127_082053.jpg IMG_20151127_082100.jpg IMG_20151127_082118.jpg IMG_20151127_084143.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know. The highways bars came with the bike, but I never tried the fit... and I forget if the frame on a Custom is different from a Standard/ Deluxe or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update: bike has been sold, along with a couple parts, but many remain up for grabs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do have them, but they're part of the very nice black cowl that I'm currently looking to sell as one piece.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wonder if these will fit my gl650....
One of the items that recently sold as well (Check back at the original post is updated as I sell stuff - sold stuff marked in bold italics)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts