Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Interesting builds, not to say I "hate" it, just not for me, at least the 1st one anyway. Second one not so bad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Personally I hate it. But I saw it in another forum I frequent, and figured some of you guys might like it

ebay listing of a 1978 CX500 Custom Hardtail Bobber Chopper

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3a5f4e3f14

I wouldn't want to ride it or even be photographed with it. But if I had to travel into space in a spacecraft which might break down I would sure want that bike's builder to be my companion. Lot's of mechanical creativity there. I once talked with Dr. Herb Lassen, the guy responsible for designing the Pioneer 10 & Pioneer 11 spacecraft which NASA adopted for deep space exploration, and which evolved into the identical platform for the Voyager spacecraft. I asked Dr. Lassen what was his process of thinking in order to develop the architecture of the spacecraft. He responded, I am like a systems engineer. If you give me a box of tinker toys I can assemble their components again and again until I have a rough idea of how the problems can be solved. I thought he had an interesting answer. I walked down the hall of the research lab where we had been talking and passed by an office with an open door. Inside that office a guy with a cranium shaped like an Olivetti Adding Machine was seated in front of a desk covered with Tinker Toys. He was working on a structure which roughly configured to the shape of today's Space Station. Some of these moto characters are pretty inventive and deserving of admiration.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't want to ride it or even be photographed with it.

I don't know if I'd be happy with it in the driveway. Yes, imagination is critical- but it doesn't make it any prettier...... there is someone somewhere who loves it though, I'm sure.... and that's what matters lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't understand that whole bobber attraction thing, but as Gene says to each his own.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like it minus the no front brake issue. Oh and the handel bars are goofy.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I want a chopper look, I'll get a Fury......
(!!!!!)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah the handlebars look absolutely terrible. The rest of it isn't so bad IMO. I like the copper fender

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
i dont like it all to me its ugly as hell but gene is right to each there own

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ill add to my previous comment that I also dont care for the tank. Better looking tank, and drag bars, and Id ride it.*

*assuming there are no pot-holes. Hardtail, owwwwwwww.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If it had some flat bars like a sports bike, I would be all over that bike. I'm just not a huge fan of ape hangers.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Quite honestly, even though I'm about as far from being "creative" as they come as far as styling goes, I think even I could do better than that given the amount of money he put into it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nope, not for me. Not to knock the build it's just not for me.

Maybe if you ditch the handlebars I'd look at it again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts