Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a set of Wingleader Floorboards off of a GL1100 I be modded (easily) to work with a 78 CX500? more importantly what would need to be done to make the Heal Toe shifter work?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I can't answer that, but I've been wondering if they could be modified somehow to fit on my Gl650i.

·
Registered
37 Posts
would a set of Wingleader Floorboards off of a GL1100 I be modded (easily) to work with a 78 CX500? more importantly what would need to be done to make the Heal Toe shifter work?

I don't think you would have so much trouble with the mounting long as you can weld. The problem, I imagine, would be when you try to jimmy rig a system to push our shifter, since our shifters are mounted laterally not longitudinally, although this difference is transparent while we ride, it means we can't really adjust forward-back without bending stuff!

you'd have to use a second lever to move the end of the gearshift selector, with the other end attached to your movement end of the heel-toe shifter, which I imagine would be possible...but difficult..

·
Registered
993 Posts
It moves up and down in an arc or a straight plane?

Wouldn't a slot with bearings lining the upper and lower surface allow the shifter to do it's thing as long as you had the pivot point at the right spot?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think you would have so much trouble with the mounting long as you can weld. The problem, I imagine, would be when you try to jimmy rig a system to push our shifter, since our shifters are mounted laterally not longitudinally, although this difference is transparent while we ride, it means we can't really adjust forward-back without bending stuff!

you'd have to use a second lever to move the end of the gearshift selector, with the other end attached to your movement end of the heel-toe shifter, which I imagine would be possible...but difficult..

i can weld... don't have access to one now though. ohh well it looks to be a winter project i may or may not tackle...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts