Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Maybe you should give more accurate measurements of the flagpole that you want to accommodate on your bike ( length, thickness ) and also some information on where on the bike you wish to attach such flagpole ? Maybe also more info on the importance of the( patriotic ) flag that you want to display while riding in the public arena :) ? I am sure there also must be strict traffic regulations that governs the use of such motorcycle add on's ...

·
Super Moderator
15,398 Posts
I assume you want to run the flag off the center back of the bike. I can think of two ways to do this. One would be to get a sissy bar and bolt/weld a tub to it big enough to accept the flag pole.

The other would be to go all out and build a custom bracket attaching to the footpegs, and various areas of the rear of the bike for support.

I can tell you that if you want this for parades and similar slower stuff that would be fine but faster stuff the *** is going to create drag that might screw with things. I remember a harley that had some flags on it and the transmission went out. Motorcycle enthusiast claims Harley voided warranty over flags

I actually saw his original bike in Sturgis.

·
Super Moderator
15,398 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as I understood, this firm has multiple designs for these product, especially for the solar flagpole light, that is why itis important for you to check in advance the length, the thickness,the material you are willing to use, and then to make the order,so that you could have the needed preferences. When I bought last time a solar flagpole I was looking for a 4 meter long stick made of still,to install it in my yard so that on the top of it,there would be the flag of United States of America, and moreover, the lights would be shining by the help of our lovely sun, kindly advise the product to all the people!

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
10,885 Posts
Posts 6 & 7.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,066 Posts
And the one before that that from a banned user (deleted but visible to mods) that seems just as innocent and a lot more relevant to the thread. (I'm watching for ether of those last 2 to post something else and wondering whether they are getting ready to do something or just a bit out of synch with what & where they are posting).

I wonder why they are attracted to this particular thread? It's not like anyone was talking about rear sprockets or anything....

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
The danger is that IMs are unmonitored, so you can't see if they're already preying on members.

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
Except to keep everyone aware that the thieves are lurking.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,066 Posts
I think replying to threads like this so that they stay at the top of the list may do that.

Note to Amardanan and Vantenich: You are being watched. If you don't want to end up banned say something.

·
Registered
'82 GL500 '83 GL650 '21 RoyalEnfield INT650
2,350 Posts
I want to put whips on the back of my sidecar with a "VOTE" banner and maybe a flag. Best seems to be the fiberglass rods they put on bicycles with the orange pennant. Will have to have the VOTE! pennant custom made. Will park in the Early Voting Center parking lot when I work there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts