Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i came to the realization today that my motor will never look as good as some of the ones that are on here. the aluminum is too oxidized. so i flat blacked it with high temp rustoleum. i love how it looks now. the motor runs like a top now it looks like it fits with the rest of the project. have a looksee[attachment=873:0313111917.jpg]

next i'm making a new cover for that fugly radiator. it'll cover the fins and the sides and make the radiator look like its supposed to be there. not some after thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Man, that is one sweet bike you've built. And I'm with you -- though I really like and admire the looks of the motor, the radiator is way ugly; as if it was some afterthought or grafted on from some other product in the Honda kingdom.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm making a cover for the radiator today. gonna be 2 sections that cover the sides and attach across the front of the radiator with flat bar and a mesh to allow radiator function. pictures will follow.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the front fins on this radiator are toast. i'm taking some sheet metal and making custom side covers because the factory radiator side covers are too narrow. then i'm gonna take some sheet meshing we have laying around here and cover the front for the grille and paint my spade on the front in white. pictures we hopefully tonight.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
need some advice. the cover is done painted and installed. the sides look like they're missing something. all of the decals that i have made are no longer on the bike. everything that i have made them for ended up getting chucked to scrap. i'm going to make some decals to fill the voids but i don't know what to put on there. something old skool, hot/rat rod style. i had a big daddy ed roth honda decal on a few pieces, post up some suggestions. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts