41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Joel, I checked out that page, and the PB pictures I could find were working fine, such as Larry's here: http://cx500forum.com/forum/technical-help-forum/6921-won-t-go-more-than-35-mph-24.html#post94529

If you type in "about:addons" (don't actually type the quotes) into your browser where you enter URLs, click "Extensions" on the left, and then click "More" under where it says Photobucket Embedded Image Fix, does it say "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix 0.6" at the top of the screen?

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Joel, I checked out that page, and the PB pictures I could find were working fine, such as Larry's here: http://cx500forum.com/forum/technical-help-forum/6921-won-t-go-more-than-35-mph-24.html#post94529

If you type in "about:addons" (don't actually type the quotes) into your browser where you enter URLs, click "Extensions" on the left, and then click "More" under where it says Photobucket Embedded Image Fix, does it say "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix 0.6" at the top of the screen?
Yes, I did see Larry's pics at the bottom of that page. I just went through the first 4 or 5 pages and didn't see any. I am not sure I understand your tip. I typed about addons in a new FF browser address and got a list of results, the first of which were a couple mozilla addons, clicked one and then saw "extensions", looked at the list on that drop down and there was no "more" option, or anything about photobucket.

What exactly am i supposed to be looking at? Clarify the steps for me.

·
Registered
558 Posts
FYI - about:addons didn't work for me, but about:extensions did.

TF

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Thanks TF, I eventually got there. Had to poke around a bit. Jesse, i did get the page for the extension and the Fix .06 is listed at the top.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Jesse, as Murphy would have it, I can't find what I was [not] looking for. Gimme a while to see if I can get a solid example. Lots on my plate here lately.

Joel

·
Registered
594 Posts
While I've moved on from the CX500 I still enjoy coming back here to see what's happening. And what a find! This fix is incredible!

I've made repairs to many of my CX posts, editing them with the "~original" extension after the .jpg, but it was slow and a bit cumbersome. But I couldn't stand the thought of losing so much of what I worked so hard to accomplish. I wanted to thank Jesse for his work on this fix and to let you know that I have shared it on the HawkGT647 forum. While not nearly as active as this CX forum (hell, most don't know what a Hawk is!), it will serve as useful not only to the users of that forum, but all forums that were raped by PhotoFuckIt's decision.

Thanks again Jesse and all contributors to this forum!

-tom

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Is photobucket broke AGAIN? I have the fix installed, but the pics I posted today aren't showing up.

Also, is there a similar fix for Microsoft Edge?
gederdnke, when the first roll-came by, he only had the code written for Chrome and Firefox. He hasn't been active on here for a while so I'm not sure if any other updates have been worked.
For your pics, try clearing your cache/cookies and see if that helps. I'll look deeper later to see if the current fix has been changed.

·
Super Moderator
2,727 Posts
Jesse is currently vacationing in Thailand, but he does have his laptop with him. I'll email him and see if he has time to work on a fix for Microsoft Edge. If he does I'm sure he'll log in here and let you know

BTW, PB pics are still working for me.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Glitch or not, at least we have that go around. Thanks Larry, appreciate the info. In one other note of PB. I used to be able to download a PB library of my pics to my computer, but this is not an option any longer. Kinda ticks me off again. I got a portion of my files back, but the rest are locked in with no way to get to them en masse.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hey guys! Sorry I took a little while to respond.

Gedenke, glad the pics are working for you now. I'll look into making a Microsoft Edge version of the extension -- if it's not super complicated, I'll give it a go, and I'll definitely let you know if it works out.

Larry, thanks for being my go-between since I'm not on the forum a lot at the moment :D

Joel, sorry, I don't have a good solution for your problem there...

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Ok, thanks for checking, it may just be my feeble mind looking for the wrong color sock. Continued good wishes on your journeys. We appreciate having you as a part of our family here.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the extension is no longer on the Chrome web store. Google took it down, and won't give me a straight answer as to why.

Regardless, the extension is now irrelevant, because Photobucket has made their images visible again. I would have liked to do a permanent fix (e.g., download and rehost all the Photobucket images on the forum) to make sure Photobucket couldn't make the images disappear again someday, but the powers that be were worried about legal ramifications. Feel free to remove the extension from your browser.

Thanks to everyone who used it -- it was nice to be able to help out a community that's helped me out so much. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
PB has changed their policy, allowing a limited amount for the free accounts, and set up tiered pay plans. A bit more reasonable??
Your Account is Currently Restricted!

Your account is currently restricted because you have exceeded your free storage limit of 250 images (up to 2.5GB). For your reference, you currently have 1146 images.
What You Must Do
Upgrade to our lowest priced premium plan now! For just $4.99 per month, you will be able to store up to 2,500 images (up to 25GB total). Want to save even more? Buy the annual plan and save an additional 10%!

What If You Do Nothing
If you do not select a paid plan, you will not be able to add photos to your account and must either delete or download images to meet the free plan limit.

Buy Monthly Buy Annually & Save
Turn Down Offer
Storage limits are based upon the lesser of the amount of gigabytes and the
number of images stated. No long term commitments. Cancel anytime.
If you have any questions, Contact Support or check out Frequently Asked Questions.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts