Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I wrote a Google Chrome browser extension that, once installed, will make all broken Photobucket images on any webpage visible again. To install it, if you're using Google Chrome, just go to this link, click Add to Chrome, and you're good to go! From then on, any page you visit with broken Photobucket images will show up as they did before Photobucket nuked them. They will not be fixed for anyone else -- they will just show up as fixed for people using the browser extension.

There's also going to be a Firefox version of the extension in a few days -- I'll put in a link to that once it's up and running.

In case anyone wants to look at the code behind the extension, you can look at it here: https://github.com/TheAtomicGoose/pbfix

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helps!

Jesse

·
Super Moderator
2,729 Posts
I'm looking forward to the Firefox version. Thanks from all of us Jesse.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, that's because Larry already performed the fix manually on that one. I've modified the extension so that it checks to see if the images are fixed already or not. It could take a few hours before it's updated on your computer, but try again then -- and also check out a thread that's still broken.

If you try out this one, it'll be broken without the extension and fixed with it: http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-discussion/12181-nor-cal-show-results-pics-big-news.html

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Ah, that's because Larry already performed the fix manually on that one. I've modified the extension so that it checks to see if the images are fixed already or not. It could take a few hours before it's updated on your computer, but try again then -- and also check out a thread that's still broken.

If you try out this one, it'll be broken without the extension and fixed with it: http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-discussion/12181-nor-cal-show-results-pics-big-news.html
For clarity, the link you showed in the first post was originally without this extension fix? And now it does? So we have to reinstall the extension link? (I'm using FireFox by default but my Chrome has the extension in the main tool bar up top, which was copied from the post yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Also, I have taken the liberty and amended my Photo help linked below to include this fix.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The link I showed in the first post has broken Photobucket images, so if you look at it while not using the extension, you'll just see the error image, but if you look at it while using the extension, the images will show up.

You don't have to do anything to update the extension, it'll update on its own.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firefox version is live: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fixer/

It doesn't yet have the update that the Chrome version has that prevents it from breaking threads that have already been fixed, but that should be up in a day or two. In the meantime, it's still usable, but if a thread isn't working for you, just disable the extension while you read that thread.

·
Super Moderator
2,729 Posts
Absolutely brilliant. I just loaded it and it works perfectly. Thanks Jesse! Your skills are awesome.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Jesse, along with the trip across the country, these fixes are a standing epitome of a class act man who knows how to not only learn, but how to grace those he comes across with the knowledge he gains. Five Stars.
I will update my recent posts with this new tool as soon as I can.

We are truly blessed to have you among our brethren, and perpetuating the core fiber this community was founded on.

Many Thanks,

·
Registered
560 Posts
Jesse, along with the trip across the country, these fixes are a standing epitome of a class act man who knows how to not only learn, but how to grace those he comes across with the knowledge he gains. Five Stars.
I will update my recent posts with this new tool as soon as I can.

We are truly blessed to have you among our brethren, and perpetuating the core fiber this community was founded on.

Many Thanks,
Thank you! I just want to again make it clear that this extension only fixes the photos FOR THE PERSON LOOKING AT IT while using the extension, not for anyone else. So your posts will only be fixed from your perspective.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the add-on, I have them both ff and chrome installed. This only works on this forum? I looked at Shep's site and it has no effect there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to hear it's not universally working...It's been working for people on other forums. Could you send me a link to Shep's site?
I just went to copy the address and I saw images on the page. Still hit and miss, some pages still have the photobucket holder.

CX500/GL500(shep)

No images in Firefox, just photobucket holders.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts