Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Kind of off topic but i noticed it looks like you have HD mufflers on your bike.

Did you put them on?

Are they modified at all?

How do you like them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They are, got them off eBay a long time ago. I didn’t do anything to them, just used a few brackets i had laying around to bolt them to the bike. I love them, they aren’t much louder (if at all) than the stock ones but they are a deeper tone than stock. I also just like how they look much more than the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I’ll take a closer picture so you can get an idea of how they fit. They have a tab welded onto it, I think these might have been off a sportster but it’s been so long I don’t remember. I just found a bracket the right length to bolt onto the mufflers tab and the passenger foot peg. I think I also needed to bend the bracket a little but overall wasnt difficult.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks for the info kingston73!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Is there a thread anywhere here that’s just pictures? If not there should be, stickied to the top.

·
Super Moderator
3,991 Posts
Click the three dot logo at the top right of the page then select gallery. There you will find about a hundred pages of photos.
Also see the Garage Wall section of the forum. Garage Wall

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, my color changing blue/purple didn’t last long. I’m not sure if the rustoleum color wasn’t compatible with the 2k clear coat or if it wasn’t cured enough before the cleat coat or what, but it is not curing and still soft after over a week. I had to take the handlebars off and adjust the steering bearings and even though I had several layers of rags covering the tank the paint still got dinged. It’s so soft it’s not even chipping, more like mushing. Oh well, I still have my black tank and this will just give me more practice painting.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Kind of off topic but i noticed it looks like you have HD mufflers on your bike.

Did you put them on?

Are they modified at all?

How do you like them?

Thanks
you are well placed by living in USA to get these cheap....
some years ago i offered to take any 883 mufflers from the local HD dealer-but he wanted $400 (?US$250) a pair and added-"they might be banged up a bit....." lol
just got a 4 into 1...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts