Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time ever I repainted a tank in something other than black or a variation of black. Haven’t decided if I like it yet but I have my black tank and side covers so its a 10 min switch if I change my mind. What do y’all think, too fancy for a cx?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s actually not striped. I used rustoleum color shift spray so it looks blue and/or purple depending on where you stand. Clear coated with spray Max 2k as I wasn’t sure how durable the rustoleum is.

·
Registered
799 Posts
That’s a good color for the daughter’s bike! Just joking, good job. I wouldn’t want that color on my bike but this is your bike so it’s fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it's pretty slick! Not a huge fan of your saddle bags however, but the bike looks great regardless.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's my daily commuter and grocery getter so the bags are a necessary evil.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Whats the seat-a custom crafted or "off the shelf"?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Looks real good to me. Hopefully doesn't show the dust like my black bike.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While the blue is on I decided to modify my black so I sanded it down a little and I'm going to add some red stripes to it. The top coat needed some fixing anyway.

·
Super Moderator
14,502 Posts
I like the colour and I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

As for the saddlebags, I've often said that if a bike doesn't have somewhere to carry at least your lunch and a few tools it isn't a real bike but just a toy for puttering around the neighbourhood on nice afternoons... And you can do that without a motor....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whats the seat-a custom crafted or "off the shelf"?
I bought the seat off the exchange here, no idea who made it. I liked the look, it’s different from most I’ve seen and it’s fairly comfortable. After about an hour I need to stop and take a break.
I have an original Corbin touring seat that is wider and flatter so if I know I’ll be going longer than an hour I switch to that.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was going to ask this in another thread but no sense in starting something new.

Do any of you know what size screws hold the gas cap cover on the tank? The parts diagrams I’ve looked at don’t say and the oem screws aren’t available anymore.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Phreak!

Anybody have just the spring for the locking lid? Or, have any if you used the lid without the spring? Would it rattle too much?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts