Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got her up and running well enough to take a ride to work this morning(about 10 miles). First time I've ever been over 25mph on a bike, what a rush.

This place has been a huge help so I just wanted to send out a big thank you to all of you, and especially the search bar up there in the corner, saved me from starting so many new threads! So thanks a lot!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Fantastic! There is nothing like the sensation of riding a bike. Enjoy and let us see pictures of your ride, please.

·
Registered
583 Posts
This season seems good for barn finds! Congrats, and +1 on the pictures.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it turns out I need to take more pictures or hope that someone posts some that they've taken of me online so I can share them, but I've got one from just after I stripped off the saddle bags(right one damaged) and rear box, before I converted the the foot boards to 500C pegs and peddles.

I followed lucky's videos to check the valves and the cam chain tensioner, and soaked the carbs in vinegar while I was waiting for a newer CDI.

This weekend I took her on a 2 hour jaunt to my folks house on the other side of the state. Definitely still some issues with warm idle stalling(probably related to leaky carb boots) and first gear clunking(this is actually a little violent) and grinding that I really don't like the sound of. One happy bike outside of first gear though.. Just needs new fork seals, I'll upgrade the oil while I'm doing that.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109280...&authkey=Gv1sRgCLTItNuw88rHKA&feat=directlink

I'll add more photos there as I get them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.